1MS in Pediatric Nursing, School of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
2Assistant Professor of Nursing, Department of Nursing, School of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
3Internist Specialist, Department of Diabetes, Arbil hospital, Arbil, Iraq
Background: Metabolic control of diabetics Type 1 in each period of life, like adolescence is stressful and using partnership caring model is eesential. Aim: The aim of the present study was to determine the effect of using partnership caring model on Diabetic adolescence s’ Metabolic Control. Methods This research is a semi- empirical study performed in a Diabetes Center of Arbil city (2012-2013). Forty diabetic adolescents have been designated into two groups of 20 members. The partnership caring model was performed in four stages of motivation, preparation, execution and evaluation in an intervention group for three months. Control index of diabetes was the amount of used HbA1C and Insulin level which was measured in both groups before and after the interference. Data were analyzed by SPSS version 16.0 using paired-t and independent-t tests. Results: T-test revealed that before interference, both groups were similar regarding the amount of HbA1C (p= 0.77) and Insulin level (p= 0.10). However, after interference, the T-test indicated a statistically significant difference between two groups regarding the amount of HbA1C (p< 0.000) and Insulin level (p= 0.02). Conclusion: According to the results, using this model in Diabetic adolescence for controlling Metabolic is recommended.
3. Helene A. Sairany Helene A. Journal of Diabetes Skyrocketing in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq; 2012, April 29.
4. Canadian Diabetes Association. Incidence of Type 1 Diabetes in Canada. 2007 May. Available at: http://www. Diabetes.ca/ lit/diabetes answers/ what is type 1 diabetes/ risk factors for type 1 diabetes.aspx
5. Huang GH, Palta M, Allen C, LeCaire T, D'Alessio D; Wisconsin Diabetes Registry. Self-rated Health among Young People with Type 1 Diabetes in Relation to Risk Factors in a Longitudinal Study. Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 159(4): 364-72.
6. Holling H, Erhar TM, Ravens S, Schlak R. Behavioral Problems in Children and Adolescence. J Psychol Gesundheitsschutz. 2007; So (S-6) 784-93.
7. Mohammadi E, Design and Evaluation of Partnership Care Model in Control of High Blood Pressure.Doctor Dissertation in Nursing, Tarbiat Modares University: 2002.
8. Gagliardino JJ, Etchegoyen G. A Model Educational Program for People with Type 2 Diabetes: A Cooperative Latin American Implementation Study (PEDNID-LA). Diabetes Care 2001; 24(6):1001-7.
9- Khoshab H, Bagheryan B, Abbaszadeh A, Mohammadi E, Kohan S, Samareh R H. The Effect of Partnership Care Model on Depression and Anxiety in the Patients with Heart Failure. J Evidence Based Care 2012; 2(2):37-45. (Persian)
10- Alijany-Renany H, Tamaddoni A, Haghighy-zadeh M, Pourhosein S. The Effect of Using Partnership Care Model on the Quality of Life in the School-age Children with β-thalassemia. J Shahrekord Univ Med Sci 2012; 14 (1):41-9. (Persian)
11- Borhani F, Khoshab H, Abbaszadeh A, Rashidinejad H, Mohammadi E. Study of the Effect of Partnership Care Model on the Quality of Life in Patients with Heart Failure. IJCCN. 2012; 5 (1):43-8. (Persian)
12- Mohammadi E, Rezapour R, Sistanehei F. Evaluation of Long-Term Care Based on the Partnership Care Model in Quality-of-Life and Metabolic Control of Diabetic Patients. J of Am Sci 2011; 7(10):607-16.
13. Najimi A1, Azadbakht L2, Hassanzadeh A3, Sharifirad GH. The Effect of Nutrition Education on Risk Factors of Cardiovascular Diseases in Elderly Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: a Randomized Controlled Trial.Iranian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism 2011; 8(3),2011, p. 256-63.(Persian)
14. Moatari M, Ghobadi A, Baygi P, Pishdad GH. Self on the Parameters of Metabolic Control in IDDM Patients. Journal of Diabetes and Lipid Disorders, 2011; 10 (5): 528-35. (Persian)
15- Azadi F, Mohammadi E.Effect of Using Partnership Care Model on Quality of Life in Coronary Artery Disease Patients. Iran J Nurs Res 2006; 1(2):23-9.(Persian)